Amendments to the Programme
- The Academy will endeavor to deliver the Programmes as described in the prospectus and on the Academy’s website. However, in an effort to manage its resources more efficiently, the Academy shall be entitled:
- to alter the timetable, location, number of classes and method of delivery of the Programme; and
- to make reasonable modifications to the content and syllabus of the Programme.
- The Academy will make available to the Participant learning support such as IT and other facilities it considers appropriate. However, the Academy may vary what it provides from time to time so long as such variations are reasonable.
- The Participant is expected to pay the Programme Fee within fourteen (14) days of registration before the Commencement Date of the Programme.
- The Participant is to pay the Programme Fee in Nigerian Naira. If there is a need for the Participant pay the Programme Fee in US Dollars or Pounds, the Academy will add an administration fee of 2.5% to the Programme Fee. No other currency will be accepted.
- Despite anything else in this Agreement, the Participant’s place on the Programme shall not be confirmed until the Programme Fee has been paid in full. Until the Academy receives payment of the Programme Fee in full, the Participant shall have no right to participate in the Programme and the Academy may:
- offer the Participant’s place on the Programme to another person and confirm that other person’s place as a participant on the Programme once the person pays the Programme Fee to the Academy; and/or
- suspend the Participant from participation in all or any part of the Programme.
The Participant’s Obligations
- The Participant shall:
- behave with sincerity and integrity and show courtesy, consideration and respect for others at all times;
- prepare for the Programme as required by the Academy;
- attend all classes, lectures, examinations and other activities which form part of the Programme (subject to absence for medical or other agreed reasons) and participate fully in group work where required in order to receive a certificate of complete participation;
- make a call to the Academy Director’s Office if unable to attend any class, lecture, tutorial, examination or other activity forming part of the Programme because of medical or other agreed reasons;
- be adequately prepared for any activity that the Participant is required to undertake as part of the Programme outside the Academy;
- abide by any special conditions relating to the Programme set out in the brochure or otherwise notified to the Participant by the Academy;
- respect the confidentiality of all confidential information that the Participant acquires during the Programme;
- comply with all other relevant rules and regulations of the Academy, as amended from time to time.
- consent to monitoring and recording (which includes filming and photographing) of lectures and other teaching sessions by CCTV and other methods for the purpose of monitoring movements of Participants, quality assurance, and for use by the Academy in any marketing or promotional materials.
- The Sponsoring Company shall ensure that the Participant complies with paragraph1 above.
- The Sponsoring Company shall undertake and represent to the Academy that none of the Participants is a Restricted Individual.
- The Participant may wish to transfer from one Programme to another Programme provided the Participant notifies the Academy in writing of not less than two (2) weeks before the Commencement Date of such Programme.
- If written notice of transfer is given less than two (2) weeks before the Commencement Date, the Participant shall pay the Academy (in addition to the Programme Fee) a transfer fee which shall be a sum equal to thirty percentage (30%) of the Programme Fee,
- The Participant may only do a transfer pursuant to this paragraph if:
- the Participant has already paid the Academy the Programme Fee;
- there are unfilled places on the Programme to which the Participant wishes to transfer; and
- the Participant confirms the alternative Programme he/she is to transfer to within seven (7) days of when they request a transfer. Failure to make such a confirmation will result in the cancellation policy applying.
- If the Academy increases the Programme Fee before the start of the Programme to which the Participant transfers, the Participant will pay the Academy the amount of the increase before the Programme commences.
- If the Participant transfers to a Programme of a different price, the Participant must pay the difference or the Academy will refund the difference as appropriate.
- The Participant may not make a transfer pursuant to this paragraph more than once.
- The Sponsoring Company may request that the Academy accepts an alternative individual to attend the Programme not less than two (2) weeks before the Commencement Date. The proposed substitute shall then be subject to the same selection process as the original candidate. If the proposed substitute is rejected by the Academy, the Academy may cancel the Contract and in that event shall return any fees already paid by the Sponsoring Company to the Academy in relation to the Programme.
Cancellation by the Academy
- The Academy may cancel the Contract by giving the Participant or the Sponsoring Company notice in writing not less than two (2) weeks before the Commencement Date, and by refunding any fees already paid by the Participant in connection with the Programme.
- The Academy may cancel the Contract at any time if:
- the Participant fails to pay any sum owing to the Academy in connection with the Programme within seven (7) days after the due date for payment;
- the Participant or the Sponsoring Company commits a serious breach of these Terms and Conditions or any of the other rules and regulations of the Academy; or
- the Participant or the Sponsoring Company behaves in a manner that, in the opinion of the Academic Director, is detrimental to the interests of the Academy.
- The Academy may also by notice to the Participant (without any liability to the Participant or the Sponsoring Company):
- suspend or terminate the Contract immediately (at the Academy’s sole and absolute discretion) if the Participant or any person connected to the Participant becomes subject to Nigeria sanctions; and/or
- suspend or terminate the supply of any services to any Participant immediately (at the Academy’s sole and absolute discretion) if the Participant in question is, or becomes a Restricted Individual, in which case the Academy shall be entitled to deny the Participant access to the Programme and the Sponsoring Company shall ensure that the Participant in question does not attend or participate in any training forming part of the Programme and the Participant in question shall not be entitled to receive the benefit of any of the Programme or to use or access any training materials produced for the Programme for any purpose whatsoever.
Cancellation by the Participant
- The Participant or Sponsoring Company may cancel the Contract by giving the Academy written notice of Cancellation at any time. If the contract is cancelled more than two (2) weeks before the Commencement Date then the Participant or the Sponsoring Company shall not be required to pay the Academy any fees in connection with the Programme and any fees already paid by the Participant or the Sponsoring Company to the Academy shall be refunded by the Academy.
- If the Participant or the Sponsoring Company cancels the Contract less than two (2) weeks before the Commencement Date, the Participant shall be liable to pay the Academy 30% percentage of the Programme Fee, payable within fourteen (14) days of the invoice date.
- The entire Programme Fee shall be payable if the Participant or the Sponsoring Company cancels the Contract on or after the Commencement Date and there shall be no refund if the Participant withdraws from the Programme at any stage.
Effect of Cancellation
- When either party cancels the Contract:
- the Academy shall be entitled to require the Participant to stop studying on the Programme and to leave the School’s premises immediately; and
- the Participant shall immediately return to the School the identification card issued to the Participant on registration and all other property in the Participant’s possession, custody or control that belongs to the School.
- The Sponsoring Company shall ensure that the Participant complies with this paragraph.
- The Academy may cancel the Programme at any stage due to causes beyond its reasonable control such as fire, flood, industrial disputes, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, acts of government (including any laws or restrictions of the federal or any other government which may restrict the Academy from providing any services or make it unlawful for the Academy to provide any services to the Participants) and acts of God. In such instances the Academy will immediately notify the Participant. The Academy will then work towards rescheduling the Participants attendance so that they may attend the next possible repetition of the Programme.
- The Sponsoring Company shall ensure that the Participant complies with this paragraph.
- The Academy will not be liable for any loss or damage to the Sponsoring Company’s property or the Participant’s property that occurs during the course of the Programme. The Participant should take particular care not to leave mobile phones or laptops unattended at any time.
- All notices, approvals and demands to be served upon the Participant or the Sponsoring Company may be served personally or sent by post to the address stated on the application form or through the e-mail. Any demand or notice to be served upon the Academy shall be delivered by hand or sent by post to the Administrative Office at the Academy. Any notice, approval and demand delivered personally shall be deemed to have been received immediately upon delivery. Any notice, approval and demand sent by post shall be deemed to have been received at the opening of business on the following Business Day.