Schools' Programme FAQ'S
Schools' Programme FAQ'S
Social Enterprise Academy (SEA) Schools Programme is designed to support young people to discover and develop social enterprise, employability and entrepreneurial skills in primary schools, secondary schools and colleges; and to promote awareness of social enterprise.
The Programme is set up to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop the next generation of social entrepreneurs to become passionate about society and its social issues
- Develop an understanding of integrative model for social enterprise
- Create a flourishing environment for entrepreneurship and translation of novel ideas into tangible impact.
- Develop Curriculum for schools and provide practical opportunities that encourage participants to become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors to the society.
- To address local/regional disadvantage by engaging young people to create their own social enterprises/employment.
A detailed curriculum is sent to all registered schools via the school email address.
Send an email to Programmes@sea.ng to get further information on curriculum.
SEA is available at every turn to provide support to the school staff and students.
We have a range of resources to help you cover a range of global social enterprise topics with your students. Our materials provide schools with guidance and activities to undertake projects, with or without SEA physical presence in the school. Activities are split into different levels, and the stage your students and staff are will determine where you begin.
Our resources include the summary guide which will help make your project planning easier. It provides a structural format and fun activities which you can easily apply to your classroom learning. This has been designed as a guideline especially for first timers. If there are experienced teachers in social enterprise or if some of your staff have been trained by SEA, they may want to adapt some activity to better help the students.
You are required to complete a school profile after registration. A confirmation email is then sent to the registered email address.
The selection process is conducted in three (3) phases:
- The first phase is to assess the eligibility of the applicant.
- The second phase focuses on the merit of the application.
- The final selection decision takes into consideration the following: relevance of the applicant’s interests in Social Enterprise Academy’s aims and programs, references, academic record, community involvement/extracurricular activity participation, and narrative statements.
Applicants would be notified via email of the progress and result of their applications.
Application starts 30th of April, 2019 and ends on the 28th of October, 2019
Yes, you may. If the program accepts your application, then you may be asked to take one of our certificate programs.
- Apply for the fellowship programme online
- Pay application fee
- Assessment of application forms
- Acceptance letters would be given to successful applicants
- Payment of 50% of the Programme Fee
- Materials and other necessary information would be dispersed to applicants for visa application (for those applying for visa)
- Applicants would be required to pay the 50% balance of the Programme Fee latest by 4th December 2019
For support or further information on SEA school Programme, send an email to Programmes@sea.ng.
Please check the programme to which you are applying in our requirements guide or speak to admission office.